WaterScout - Model SMEC 300 - Soil Moisture, Temperature, EC Sensor
Track soil moisture, salts, and soil temperature: all with a single sensor! Whether it’s container pots in a greenhouse or turf on a putting green, the salinity of the root zone is a critical element for healthy plant growth. Irrigation, fertilizers, and crop demand all impact salt concentrations. High levels can damage the plant: low levels can lead to nutrient deficiencies.
Identify situations where soil salinity is an issue or where certain moisture and temperature conditions facilitate soil-borne diseases
- Capacitance-type soil moisture sensor
- Carbon ink electrodes provide large measuring surface for electrical conductivity (EC)
- Easy, 1-step EC calibration process
- Can be read with the FieldScout® Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466) or WatchDog® 2000 and 1000 Series Stations
- Connect up to 4 sensors per station
- WaterScout Calibration Device (Item 6470CAL3V) required unless using Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466)
Not compatible with 400/200 loggers.
- Standard Interface: WatchDog station, FieldScout soil moisture reader
- Range: VWC: 0% VWC to saturation, EC: 0 to 10 mS/cm, Temp: 33 - 175°F (0.5 - 80°C)
- Resolution: VWC: 0.1%, EC: 0.01 mS/cm, Temp: 0.1°F (0.1°C)
- Accuracy: VWC: 3%, EC: ± 2%, Temp: ± 1.4°F (0.8°C)
- Cable Length: 6 ft (1.8 m) and 20 ft (6 m) standard, extendable up to 50 ft (15 m)
- Power Requirements: 3V @ 6 to 10 mA
- Output: Analog voltage, time division multiplexed
- Sensing Area: 2.25 in. x 0.75 in.