Weasler - Model VRS - Torsional Dampers
Weasler VRS torsional dampers are designed to provide significant reduction of vibration in many types of powertrain systems, protecting engine and transmission components from excessive wear. By reducing torsional vibration, component life is increased while providing for greater operator comfort and reduced fatigue. These dampers are desirable for off-road, marine, agricultural, lawn & turf or any engine driven application where cost effective torsional damping and vibration eliminating solutions are needed.
VRS (viscous-rubber-spring) 3-stage torsional damper (patent pending)
- Viscous: grease within the spring pockets eliminates transmission noise during idle
- Rubber: rubber damper reduces torsional forces that contribute to gear noise and wear in the
- Transmission when operating in the forward or reverse positions at low speed
- Spring: compression spring dampens out the impact and shock loading created during normal operation
VRS torsional damper features & benefits
- Sealed for life to keep grease in and contaminants out
- Self-aligning hub helps eliminate concentricity concerns
- Black paint (optional) to reduce rust and for longer storage capability
- Low friction internal components reduce wear
- A wide variety of sae and metric splines available
- Torsional stiffness up to 600 ft-lbs of torque capacity available
- Multiple mounting patterns can be designed into a single mounting disc
- Different flywheel configurations can be accommodated
Designed to meet your application
- Torsional damper designs are lightweight yet robust, providing the torque capacity that the
- Application requires. Low cost and a high level of performance maximizes the torsional damper value.
- Torsional damper designs are available as one, two or three stage (VRS), and are specifically designed to
- Meet your project needs. To determine if you can benefit from the use of these products contact our
- Design team and let them work with you to identify the product to fit your Specific application.