WEEDTRINE-D is a broad spectrum liquid aquatic herbicide for use in and around still lakes, ponds, lagoons, ditches, non-crop or non-planted areas controlling a broad range of filamentous algae and submerged and floating aquatic weeds. Containing 8.53% active diquat dibromide, Weedtrine-D acts as a potent contact killer in plants by disrupting cellular membranes allowing Weedtrine-D to enter plants 'short circuit' the plants ability to convert light into energy known as 'Photosynthesis'.
- Weedtrine-D controls a broad range of aquatic plants including submerges, floating and emergent weeds and certain filamentous algae.
- Is specifically formulated for homeowner use for spot treatment of small weed patches or back yard ponds, lagoons and lakes.
- Kills plants very quickly through rapid absorption.
- Is easy to apply.
- Is compatible in tank mixes with Cutrine-Plus algaecide to increase and enhance effectiveness.
- Can be used in non-crop or non-planted areas such as around buildings, fence lines, driveways, patios, etc.
- To Control Submersed Weeds - apply 5 to 10 gallons of Weedtrine-D per surface acre.
- For floating Weeds - apply 2.5 to 5 gallons of Weedtrine-D per surface acre.
- For marginal (emergent) Weeds - apply 5 gallons of Weedtrine-D per surface acre.
- For Algae Control - apply 0.5 to 1.5 ppm.
- Underwater or Submersed plants and weeds may be treated by pouring directly from the container, underwater injection or surface spray application.
- Floating and emergent weeds should be treated with a spray applicator of solution.
- Dilute Weedtrine-D with water prior to treatment in accordance with label instruction.
- Apply in a manner to achieve even distribution of Weedtrine-D over the water surface or on plant foliage.
- Pretreat areas with Cutrine-Plus algicide where algae is present along with submersed weed growth.
- Use with a surfactant such as Cide-Kick II for maximum effectivness.
- Water Hyacinth
- Water Lettuce
Waters treated with Weedtrine-D should not be used for irrigation, animal consumption or domestic purposes for 5 days after treatment.
Do not use Weedtrine-D in muddy waters as deactivation of active ingredient will occur.