Wood-Mizer - Model LT15 Series - Professional Sawmill
Incredibly versatile, the LT15 sawmill is very popular because of its high quality, wide capabilities, proven reputation, and affordability. From enabling rural development, sawing multiple shifts commercially, to supplying quality lumber for the home hobbyist, this sawmill does it all.
The LT15 cuts logs up to 70 cm in diameter and 5.4 m long with the standard bed options. In order to cut longer logs, bed extensions can be added to extend the sawmill bed to any required cutting length. Thin-kerf blades require minimal energy consumption, so smaller motors provide sufficient power to cut all wood types. Petrol and diesel engine options are available.
Logs are secured to the bed by the two standard log clamps and three adjustable backstops. Head height is precisely positioned by an electronic up/down motor. Cutting is accomplished by steadily advancing the sawmill head along the length of the log by turning a hand crank. Once the cut is completed, the head is pulled back and lowered into position for the next cut.
A water tank feeds lubrication directly to the blade to improve cutting performance and keep the blade clean. The adjustable blade guide arm keeps the blade well supported while cutting various sized material. Blade tension is easily adjusted, and keeps the blade at the proper tension for cutting. Wood-Mizer’s wide range of affordable blades can meet any cutting requirement, and deliver maximum log yield and minimal waste of the valuable timber.
- Max. Log Capacity
- 70 cm dia.
- x 5.2 m (2 segments 2.7 m each)
- x 5.4 m (3 segments 1.95 m each)
- x 7.9 m (3 segments 2.7 m each)
- Log Handling : Manual (Cant Hook)
- Head Drive : Manual Feed and Power Up/Down
- Power Options :
- 10 HP Diesel
- 18 HP Gas
- 7.5 kW Electric
- Standard : Roller Blade Guides
- Typical Options :
- Cant Hooks
- SW Setworks
- Debarker – AC models only
- Loading Ramps
- Trailer Package*
- Bed Section: 1.95 m or 2.7 m
- Head Feed:
feed is by our well proven hand crank system allowing precise control of the cutting speed.
all LT15's now come equipped with power up/down as standard.
- Large throat capacity:
allows cuts up to 64 cm wide.
- The LT15 blade guides: are the same as those used on all Wood-Mizer mills.
- The LT15 clamping system: enables you to cut within 2.5 cm of the bed.
- For maximum blade stability, the manual blade guide arm is easily adjustable from the operator’s position.
- Semi-cantilever head: with out board roller support) lowers both cost and weight.
- Quick-detach Head/mast: to reduce lifting weight.
- Twin-rails: that rest on the ground, with integral levelling system.
- Each bed section:
has four integral levellers for quick set-up.
- Loading ramps: and cant hook come as optional accessories.
Increase productivity with Setworks - simply select the board thickness required and the head height automatically positions for each cut. Increase production by adding power feed forward/reverse. A debarker, which prolongs blade life by clearing away dirt and rocks from the bark, can be added to AC models. Add the MP100 moulder/planer in order to produce finished beams and moulded columns