WxPak - Ultrasonic Weather Station
The Belfort Ultrasonic WxPak weather station meets a growing need for real time, site-specific weather information. The unit provides accurate data when monitoring weather conditions on-site or in remote locations.
- No moving parts – maintenance-free operation
- True and apparent wind speed and direction
- Barometric pressure
- Ambient air and wind chill temperature
- Heat index temperature
- Relative humidity
- Dew point temperature
- Internal GPS provides position (latitude and longitude), speed over ground (SOG), course over ground (COG), and time
- Two-axis solid-state compass provides heading
- Plastic housing is less prone to lightning strikes
- RS232 or RS422 output
- Belfort graphic software included
The WxPak Weather Station is the only all in-one weather station that calculates apparent wind speed and direction, barometric pressure, air temperature, relative humidity, dew point and wind chill temperature. With the internal compass and GPS, true wind speed and direction can also be calculated. The UV stabilized, compact housing is fully waterproof and resistant to chemicals lightning strikes.
- APPARENT AND TRUE WIND SPEED AND DIRECTION: Readings come from the ultrasonic anemometer
- AIR TEMPERATURE: Based on a negative temperature coefficient thermistor that measures the ambient air temperature
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY: Measured with a capacitive cell humidity sensor
- BAROMETRIC PRESSURE: Measured using a temperature-compensated silicon piezoresistive pressure sensor corrected to equivalent sea level pressure based on altitude named by GPS
- HEAT INDEX: Based on air temperature and relative humidity
- WIND CHILL: Based on wind speed and air temperature
- MAGNETIC COMPASS HEADING: Two-axis magneto-inductive sensors
- PITCH AND ROLL ANGLES: Three-axis MEMS accelerometer
- POSITION, SPEED, TIME AND COURSE OVER GROUND: Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver
Data Output Protocols
- RS422/NMEA 0183 Sentence Structure*
- $GPDTM Datum Reference
- $GPGGA GPS Fix Data
- $GPGLL Geo. Position-Latitude & Longitude
- $GPGSA GNSS DOP & Active Satellite
- $GPGSV Satellites in View
- $GPRMC Recommended Minimum GNSS
- $GPVTG COG & SOG
- $GPZDA Time & Date
- $HCHDG Heading, Deviation & Variation
- $WIMDA Meteorological Composite
- $WIMWD Wind Direction & Speed
- $WIMWV Wind Speed & Angle
- $WIMWR Relative Wind Direction & Speed
- $WIMWT True Wind Direction & Speed
- $YXXDR Transducer Measurements
- White Housing: GE© Geloyu©
- Metal Plate: Anodized Aluminum
- Wind Channel: Dupont© Delrin™
- The only WxPak offering the perfect weather monitoring solution for any application by combining seven sensors into one compact unit with no moving parts.
- The lack of moving parts improves reliability, superior accuracy and longevity in the field.
- Other weather stations would take at least three separate sensors to achieve all of the weather readings in the WxPak.
- Low-cost and easy-to-install on a standard pole with 1” – 14 UNS or 3/4” NPT threads allowing for use as a fixed unit on portable system.
- WxPak readings are not affected by common problems associated with mechanical and weather measuring devices such as bearing wear, salt and dirt build-up and birds, all which can result in data inaccuracy or overall failure.
- Power and standard RS422 interface capabilities provided by a single cable (various lengths available).
- Belfort graphic PC software and USB converter provide a complete solution to connect directly to a PC.