Model XCU - Slow Release Fertilizer
From Landscape Management
XCU slow-release fertilizer provides gradual, steady nutritional uptake for up to 10 weeks of plant response. XCU fertilizer has the highest nitrogen (N) content (43%) and lowest sulfur content (4%) of any polymer-coated sulfur-coated urea (PCSCU) on the market. The value is more area can be covered per application using less fertilizer, which is more efficient and economical. Also, with less N lock-off more of the applied N is taken up and utilized by turfgrass or plants in the expected time frame.
ADVANCED DUAL-COATING TECHNOLOGY
- Less sulfur coating reduces N lock-off and delivers more N
- Coating integrity is maintained during transport, blending, bagging and application
- Outer layers consist of a thin coating of elemental sulfur and polymer wax, which work together to protect the inner polymer coating
- Inner layer consists of a thin, cross-linked polymer film that encapsulates and protects the urea granule
- SGN options - mini and regular
- Soil moisture penetrates the sulfur and polymer coatings.
- Nitrogen (N) begins to dissolve creating pressure within the granule.
- With previous-technology SCUs, this pressure cracked the coating, immediately releasing N (catastrophic release). The inner polymer coating of XCU® fertilizer results in a hybrid of diffusion-based release and catastrophic release, resulting in a more consistent release profile.
- After N release, the sulfur eventually breaks down into the soil where it may be taken up by the plant.
XCU® slow-release fertilizer has been widely used by superintendents, LCOs, municipal turf managers and professional landscapers to economically and efficiently promote a plant response of health, growth and color for up to 10 weeks per application.
- Unique, durable coating provides gradual, consistent N release when needed to optimize nutrient uptake by the plant
- Increased percentage of XCU® fertilizer in blends delivers increased value and improved nutrient uptake
- Dual-coated technology provides up to 10 weeks of plant response
- Fewer applications can reduce overall fertilizer expense, fuel costs and equipment upkeep; allows optimization of labor
- Highly flowable for ease of handling and consistent application
- Environmentally responsible with low potential for nutrient leaching, denitrification, runoff or volatilization