Model Y-Not Split-It - In-Furrow Fittings
From In-Furrow Fittings
Each Rebounder has the option of allowing liquid fertilizer or chemical to be applied in various locations to accommodate your specific needs. Whether you want to split the fertilizer or place it directly on the seed, we have many options for you to choose from. Ear size and bushels are determined early on in the developmental cycle. Adding fertilizer in-furrow is a simple way to give the crop an added boost in its earliest stage of development. Even soybean yields can be increased with in-furrow fertilizer application. As much as five bushels per acre have been reported from farmers using in-furrow fertilizer fittings with the Rebounder.
- Fertilizes sidewalls of seed V
- Ensures that the seeds won't be drenched
- Apply up to 10 gallons per acre in furrow
- Less than 5 minutes to install
- Optional Bullet Check Valve - stops the flow of liquid at end of Y when pump is shut off
As the Rebounder places the seeds in the bottom of the furrow, the Y-Not places fertilizer halfway up the sidewall.
The Y-Not allows fertilizer to soak into the sidewall and keeps it from going directly onto the seed. It is insurance against fertilizer burn.
The holder in the kit acts as a guide, keeping the disc from rubbing on the 1/4″ fertilizer or chemical hose.Benefits of the Y-Not
Seed germination can be damaged when starter fertilizers or those with sulfur or high nitrogen content are placed directly on the seed (in drier or sandy soils).
Soil types play a large role in what method of fertilizer application should be used (direct or split), so we would advise you to talk to your fertilizer dealer or crop consultant. Many farmers with higher rainfall and/or heavier textured soils sometimes put fertilizer such as 10-34-0 or 9-18-9 on with the Y-Not Split-It.
Using the Y-Not Split-It with the Rebounder will give you a barrier of soil between the seed and the fertilizer. This little insurance could mean a lot to your peace of mind as well as higher yields. Many farmers and fertilizer/seed dealers are looking at this with great interest as a simple and beneficial way to give the crop an added boost in its earliest stage of development.
Ear size and bushels are determined early on in the developmental cycle, so you can see how this could be beneficial to the long term outcome. Even soybean yields can be increased with in-furrow fertilizer application. As much as five bushels per acre have been reported from farmers using the Rebounder with the Y-Not Split-It.
- Fertilizes sidewalls of seed V
- Ensures that seeds will not be drenched
- Apply up to 10 gallon in-furrow
- Takes less than 5 minutes to install
- Y-Not Split-It is only $5 per row + S&H
Bullet check valves are optional with the Y-Not. They allow pressure and stop the flow of liquid directly above the Y-Not when the fertilizer pump is shut off.
If using bullet check valves, you may want to install the Y-Not kit shown in this picture.Important points to remember when using bullet check valves:
- All fertilizer must be filtered before it goes into any check valve. Filtering will prevent the check valve from sticking open or closed.
- All systems must be thoroughly washed and/or blown out at the end of the planting season to prevent crystals in the lines. This will help prevent the check valves from becoming plugged for next planting season.
New, G2 Fertilizer Disc Conversion Kit:
We are also offering an Improved G2 Fertilizer Disc conversion kit for older style John Deere and Kinze planters that will now allow the G2 Fertilizer Disc to fit them. This new conversion kit will allow producers with older style Kinze, John Deere 7000,7100,7200 and 7300 planters to use our G2 Fertilizer Disc. After much demand over the past 2 years we designed a new bracket that will work like the NEWER John Deere Planters. The 7200 and 7300 planters will not need new press wheels because they already have the right bearing. The only one’s that need to have new wheels are the ones that have water pump type bearings. Also new for all 2013 model G2 Fertilizer Disc is the new adjustable trash deflector and mud scraper, and the new mounting brackets that will give the G2 at least 2' more clearance under the tail section of the planter.
Benefits of the Fertilizer Disc:
Close coupled design: Planter depth is controlled by the gauge wheels on a planter or drill. Most fertilizer attachments are 30’’ to 36’’ away from the seed drop thus making it hard to control depth of the planter unit in uneven ground. Our new fertilizer disc is placed between the gauge wheel and the press wheel making it less than 12’’ from the seed drop thus keeping the planting unit running at a more constant depth.
- New liquid disc is tucked in behind the gauge wheel to keep it from plugging in heavy residue
- Gauge wheels stay clean because liquid disc is behind them.
- Powder Iron oil impregnated bushings for long life
- Center pivot walking beam axle design to create equalizing pressure on both the press wheel and the liquid disc
- No drilling of holes on newer style J.D. and Kinze planters. Other planters coming soon!!!!
- Easy to bolt on
- A Heavy duty triple sealed bearing used in the disc
- Helps break up side wall compaction letting the press wheel close the seed trench better
- Doesn’t disturb the seed
- Single disc design for better penetration
- No need for extra heavy duty down pressure springs
- Works best behind row cleaners