Model YMCP - Fresh Cow
When cows freshen, they lose a large reservior of the essential nutrients needed to get going and transition into lactation quickly. Offer support during recovery by giving Fresh Cow YMCP to boost levels of yeast, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and niacin. As one of the top transition products on the market, Fresh Cow YMCP can be supplemented immediately post-calving to provide support to the animal during the transition period to help maintain health and performance. More than just a tool to add nutrients, Fresh Cow YMCP provides everything needed to maintain optimum peak milk.
Fresh Cow YMCP contains four types of calcium (calcium lactate, tricalcium phosphate, calcium propionate, calcium carbonate) plus other key ingredients to give cows everything they need to support milk production, all in a palatable and non-abrasive product. With over a decade of proven results, Fresh Cow YMCP has shown it provides necessary support to fresh cows during the transition period, maintaining normal energy metabolism. Producers find that Fresh Cow YMCP is easy to supplement, has been shown to maintain peak milk production, and provides necessary support to the post-fresh cow.
- Immediately post-calving for support during the transition into lactation
- To offer support during metabolic disorders including milk fever, hypocalcemia, ketosis, displaced abomasums, and retained placentas
- To maintain normal energy metabolism
- For cows that are energy deficient or have been off feed
- As a follow up to intravenus calcium administration to maintain calcium levels in the blood
- To support the cow during optimum peak milk
Key Functional Components: Yeast, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Electrolytes, Niacin, Betaine
- Available in three convenient, easy-to-use forms; capsules, paste or our orginal dry powder formula
- Provides fresh cows with yeast, calcium, niacin, and high levels of magnesium and potassium
- Supplements cows with essential nutrients they need post-calving to help meet the demands of lactation
- Many field trials have demonstrated YMCP's effectiveness throughout lactation
- Provides nutrients essential to maintain optimum peak milk while also helping to maintain health
- Highly palatable and non-abrasive formula
- Contains live yeast to support rumen function
- High levels of Yeast, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, and Niacin
- Contains four types of calcium (calcium lactate, tricalcium phosphate, calcium propionate, calcium carbonate)
- Contains calcium, derived from four different sources, including highly palatable and easy-to-absorb milk calcium which supports muscle tone of the uterus
- Magnesium is added to help the body absorb calcium
- Added potassium which is essential for energy metabolism and maintaining normal feed utilization
- Niacin is added per veterinary recommendation
Use product in one of three manners or combinations of the three manners detailed below with the intention to provide one pound of Fresh Cow YMCP per day per cow for the first 3 days post-calving.
Drench Use: Use as a drench suspension by mixing one pound of Fresh Cow YMCP with one pint of warm water given daily per cow for the first 3 days post-calving. Drench suspension slowly to permit swallowing. Do not drench cows that are down or struggle excessively with fluids or gels as their swallowing reflexes may by impaired.
Water Use: Use in the drinking water by mixing one - half pound of Fresh Cow YMCP to 5 gallons of warm drinking water and repeat to provide the intended intake of 1 pound per cow per day. Repeat for the first 3 days post-calving. For best results, offer as soon as possible after calving.
Feed Mixing or Top Dressing: When feed mixing or top dressing, mix sufficient Fresh Cow YMCP in the total ration or grain ration to provide a daily intake of one pound per cow of Fresh Cow YMCP the first three days after calving. When top dressing, hand mix or disperse Fresh Cow YMCP throughout the grain or total ration.
Give entire contents of tube to fresh cow shortly after calving and repeat 12 hours later. Place tube in a dosing gun remove the cap, and dispense contents into the back of the cow's mouth while holding the head in an elevated postion. Give time for the animal to swallow. Can also be used as a follow-up to intravenous calcium therapy. Do not use in cows which are unable to swallow.
Give 6 capsules to each cow post-calving. Hold animal's head upright and open mouth. Using capsule forceps, balling gun, or other effective means, place the bolus capsules down the animal's throat.