Conductivity Scanning Services
Conductivity scanning provides a detailed map of the variation in soil properties across a field, the ideal base for making informed management decisions. Our non-invasive EM scanning service collects data at a high rate for multiple parameters at two depths of soil, ensuring complete and comprehensive mapping of your fields.
Our scanner doesn't require invasive contact with the ground, so scanning is not restricted to bare or ploughed fields. Soil moisture is an important element in creating detailed maps so autumn through to spring are ideal data collection periods.
Because scanning is a one-off process and an investment for future field management, we collect a high density of data to create highly detailed maps:
- Auto-steered vehicles ensure collection in uniform swaths
- Travelling between tramlines gives a representative scan of the field
- Dual depth information provides an indication of soil changes through the profile - the scanner collects information to 40cm and to 130cm.
- High data rate ensures we collect as much relevant data as possible; 11 parameters are recorded 8 times a second, giving a dense information set.
The combination of these factors means that the conductivity maps collected provide you with a reliable, digital, and detailed farming resource.
Collecting the scanning data is only one step in utilising the sensor maps, and we believe our support in maximising your use of the data is a key part of this service.
Conductivity maps can be used for a number of factors: to identify management areas, or yield potentials when used in combination with yield maps; to reduce soil sampling costs by identifying sampling targets; and to create variable rate seed maps which are not restricted to a limited number of discrete zones.
Once scanning maps have been collected we work closely with our customers to integrate their knowledge of field characteristics into decision processes, as well as carefully considering other elements which may affect field performance - for example, the locations of old field boundaries. Whether you want prescriptive maps creating for you, or training to create the maps yourself, we are committed to open data exchange and supportive service.
- Digital identification of in-field variation
- Non-invasive scanner
- Dual depth readings
- High rate of data collection
- One-off investment for future management
- Auto-steered collection
- Ideal base for variable rate seed maps