LEV Maintenance Services
In addition to the thorough examination and test of LEV systems, ESL staff are trained and qualified to provide maintenance service of LEV systems. The details of checking and maintenance carried out by ESL qualified engineers are in accordance with the requirements of section 316 of HSG 258.
- Ductwork condition, especially flexible ducts
- Mechanical integrity, e.g. corrosion, damage, seals, dampers
- Cleanliness of hoods, canopies, duct interiors
- Operation of monitors, flow indicators
- Pressure relief or inerting systems
- Tests for leakage
- Illumination in booths and hoods
- Checking that noise levels are maintained
- Alarm systems operate correctly
- Water quality if applicable
- Make-up air without draughts or blockages
- List of spare parts required
Depending on your needs and work period, ESL staff can carry out such maintenance during out of office hours (i.e. evenings and weekends).
The annual maintenance service package includes:
- Visit to site to obtain data and drawings on the LEV systems.
- Risk Assessment, COSHH Assessment, Method Statement for each project will be supplied prior to site visit.
- Checking and Maintenance of hoods, ducts, filters, motors, fans, exhaust ducts, etc
- If required, a first-aider for out of office hours.
- Re-test of the LEV systems after maintenance to confirm compliance with HSG 258.
- A comprehensive report with recommendations for compliance with COSHH.