Livestock Policy Advice
With a unique understanding of the relationship between animals and their environment, ADAS is the best placed consultancy to provide information, monitoring, analysis, interpretation and advice on animal health and welfare, environmental impact, economic sustainability and stakeholder engagement. ADAS has unrivalled experience in livestock policy development, interpretation and implementation
Strategic advice in support of policy formulation
- Provision of advice to Government, its Agencies and corporate clients on policy issues. Scientific topic reviews, evidence base gathering, sector intelligence reports, environmental and regulatory impact assessments, and health and welfare control strategy evaluations.
Policy implementation and knowledge transfer
- Welfare advisory campaigns, training workshops and promotional literature. Enhancing stakeholder relationships throughout the food supply chain. Effective communication strategies.
Disease surveillance and contingency planning
- Identification of endemic and exotic disease risks and providing best practice protocols for responding to disease outbreaks. Implementation of effective control strategies working with vets. Monitoring of farmer behaviours and attitudes.
Policy enforcement and regulation
- In-depth knowledge of policy and regulatory changes affecting the food chain. Guidance on animal welfare including transport, animal identification and food hygiene. Training of enforcement body and industry personnel to implement regulatory changes.
- Timely delivery of high quality, multiple collaborator projects to agreed milestones and outcomes.