Our ability to compete globally is in no small part due to the consistent reinvestments we make in our operations.
These investments are manifest in our manufacturing capabilities, which include the following:
- Heavy tonnage stampings. GMP’s larger presses are capable of producing parts requiring up to 1500 tons.
- Deep draw parts. Deep draw parts are produced using both mechanical and hydraulic presses. A few examples of deep drawn parts are rear skid loader door (1500 ton mechanical) and engine oil pans (750 ton hydraulic press).
- Parts requiring large press bed sizes. Some large parts require heavy tonnage and large bed sizes. Other large parts do not require much tonnage, but do they require a large bed size. GMP has bed sizes that range up to 132” x 84”.
- Clutch/separator plates. This family of parts is produced primarily for the agricultural industry. These parts are not just standard flat stampings. Separator plates require a high degree of flatness and controlled edge condition.
- Press brakes. GMP has extensive press brake capabilities including a 300 ton, 8 axis CNC brake.
- Two axis lasers capabilities. As a compliment to stamping capabilities, GMP also has CO2 and fiber laser (up to 5200 watts) capabilities. These machines can be used to produce unique/developed blanks that are used in subsequent stamping operations, eliminating the need for and expense of a blanking die. The machines are also used to feed GMP’s press brakes and to produce finished flat parts.
- Manual and welding capabilities. GMP offers welding as a compliment to its stamping capabilities. GMP’s welders are certified to AWS D14.3/D14.3. GMP has three automated weld cells.
- Ring seal production. GMP’s uses a unique manufacturing cell to produce a family of specialty products called “ring seals.” These are produced for the construction industry. A ring seal is a circular steel band which is an integral part of a seal in a hydraulic system.