Nutrient Management Solutions
Instead of viewing treated liquid streams as waste, Ostara sees a renewable resource that can generate costs savings and revenues for the treatment plant while helping them meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations.
- Elimination of plant downtime and the maintenance costs of cleaning clogged pipes, pumps, and other equipment
- Reduced sludge volumes and associated disposal costs
- Improved overall system reliability through reduced nutrient loadings and discharge
- Revenues from the Crystal Green fertilizer produced by the Ostara process
- The production of Crystal Green is considerably less carbon-intensive than traditional fertilizer manufacturing processes and creates a slow-release fertilizer that reduces leaching and runoff