Ongoing Operations Services
UOP Plant Operations Support keeps your process units operating profitably, reliably and safely. Our experts complete the transfer of UOP technology, support your start-up activities and provide troubleshooting expertise and technical backup.
- Process Technology Analysis & Support to review your operations for optimal process and catalyst performance. UOP Technology Services is composed of highly skilled engineers and scientists who have both depth and breadth of knowledge in the refining and petrochemicals industry. Our experts combine deep knowledge of specific process technologies with expert general knowledge of the overall refining industry and the interactions between different technologies within the facility.
- Analytical Support for on-site or remote analysis of your processes for optimal performance.
- Operations Monitoring through the UOP OpAware™ system for remote, real-time collaboration with UOP technical specialists to maximize on-stream performance and profitability. Installed at more than 100 process units worldwide, the OpAware system provides standardized data across units or facilities, allowing your staff and/or UOP’s experts online secure visibility into your plant to improve unit performance.
Avoid downtime through equipment inspection during planned turn-arounds or unexpected shutdowns. UOP’s highly qualified team of inspectors provide practical advice to augment your inspection plan. You will see increased mechanical integrity and quicker process knowledge transfer in your plant when working with UOP.
- Inspection Services help you avoid downtime and maximize your operating efficiency by identifying potential asset issues, plan cost-effective maintenance schedules and provide assessments of your key equipment and processes. UOP maintains a worldwide inspection services group to help our customers consistently execute high quality inspection programs that can help maximize process unit safety, reliability, availability and profitability. Our highly trained, experienced and certified inspection engineers assist in equipment field inspection during planned turnarounds, fit for service inspections after incidents, shop inspection, and inspection planning and training.
- Metallurgy Support including a world-class metallurgical laboratory for failure analysis, material characterization, materials selection, fitness for service evaluations and remaining-life analysis.
- Mechanical Engineering Support including basic and detailed designs, facilitate fabrication, delivery to site and plant erection support. Our engineering designs work with our technology to help ensure operation at the highest level of performance.
- Equipment Reliability Assessments optimize life-cycle costs and minimize repair and start-up costs with proactive maintenance, operator-led reliability, corrosion control, design improvements and performance monitoring.
- Turn-around Services are focused on turning opportunities into reality. The objective is to help you be well prepared for the next turnaround to help you focus on repairs and upgrades that will lead to safer, more reliable operations with improved performance.
- Fired Heater Assessments improve heater efficiency and safety by identifying operational opportunities in your heaters.