Planning and Development Surveys and Assistance Services
reework Environmental Practice provides a range of arboricultural and ecological consultancy services for development sites including commercial, education, defence, health, industrial and residential developments to help projects remain on time and within budget. From pre-purchase and pre-design through to design, planning application and construction phases Treework Environmental Practice works with the design and construction teams to support successful planning applications and development implementation.
Pre-Purchase Site Appraisal
Treework Environmental Practice can offer a site survey and written report assessing the initial constraints to development. This may take the form of a combined Tree Survey and report to BS5837:2012 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat Survey. It may be appropriate to arrange an initial site meeting with the Tree Officer at this stage to discuss likely constraints to a development.
- Arboricultural – TPOs/Suplementary Planning Guides
- Biological Records
- Protected Species
PHASE 1 - Survey / Pre-Design
- CONSULTANCY SUPPORT - Pre-Design Site Meeting with Tree Officer
- SITE SURVEY – Topographical Survey
- SITE SURVEY – Tree Survey
PHASE 2 – Design
CONSTRAINTS to the site layout should be considered - these have been identified in the Pre-Purchase Site Appraisals, and the Ecological and Arboricultural Reports carried out during Phase 1.
- CONSULTANCY SUPPORT - Pre-Application meetings with Local Authority Tree Officer to discuss site layout proposals with Treework Environmental Practice Consultant and Client (if necessary).
- CONSULTANCY SUPPORT - Input to design provided by Treework Environmental Practice Consultant to highlight arboricultural constraints and offer solutions.
PHASE 3 – Planning Application
Planning Application approved by LPA often with PLANNING CONDITIONS to ensure protection of retained trees is undertaken.
PHASE 4 – Construction
Following approval of the Planning Application a final method statement should be provided to the Local Planning Authority and to the Site Manager as an instruction manual for all operations to be undertaken affecting arboricultural matters on the site as recommended in Report B.
Report C – Deliver Detailed Arboricultural Method Statement.
Treework Environmental Practice continue to provide support throughout the operational phase of development:
- Arboricultural / Ecological Clerk of Works to oversee operations in sensitive areas and provide advice on site.
- Provide a schedule of tree works and manage tree surgery contractors on site.
- Liaise with LPA and client / agent.
- Arrange and oversee installation, maintenance and dismantling of protections measures
- Public consultation / liaison in relation to tree and ecological matters.