Research & Development Services
Troutlodge is committed to continuing its legacy as a pioneer in the aquaculture industry. Along those lines, Troutlodge commits significant time and resources each year towards research and development. Working in cooperation with other highly regarded public and private research institutes and grant programs.
Troutlodge's research and development work includes:
- New plant based salmonid diets
- Alternative methods for production of all-female eggs
- The production and use of tetraploids in producing triploid eggs
- The application of molecular genetics technologies in salmonid breeding programs
- The development of albino Rainbow trout
- Improving disease-resistance in Rainbow trout
- Improving salmonid growth
- Improving salmonid flesh quality and yield
- Improving methods for egg incubation
- Improving egg quality and viability
- Developing aquaculture methods for other species
It is Troutlodge's firm belief that these research and development activities will enable us to continuously provide innovative and sustainable solutions to our customers and to the aquaculture industry in general. These solutions will be in the form of better products, better methods, and better services that will enable farmers around the world to maximize their potential.