Site Suitability Services
Not every building or field is suitable for photovoltaic (PV) and the financial returns depend on selecting the best site and orientation.
Key site characteristics for a successful commercial PV system:
- WSW to ESE facing
- Pitch between flat and 45 degrees
- Three phase connection within 100m (or the ability to have a 3 phase connection installed)
- Roof construction strong enough to support an extra 14Kg per square meter or be capable of strengthening. We assess this at initial survey.
- Roof covering likely to last for 20 years minimum.
- Most types of roof can have panels fitted including asbestos fibre-cement.