Soltec In-Situ - Treatment of Underground Soil and Water Service
The process consists of injecting a mixture of solid, liquid and gaseous reagents into soil and/or fractured rock which has been contaminated by the hydrocarbons listed above or other petroleum products. Oxidation of the organic pollutants takes less than 24 hours at the site of the contamination, without any pumping or excavation being necessary. Injections can be made under buildings, underground reservoirs, roads or other infrastructures, by means of directional drilling. The speed of treatment allows for the injection of reagents inside commercial buildings with underlying contamination, without interruption of operations or daily activities.
The SOLTEC ‘in situ’ process can be applied in certain kinds of soil and is very advantageous in treating contaminations under buildings and pavement.
- Treatment under infrastructure(buildings, roads)
- The continuance of business while the treatment is in process
- Substantial savings in the cost of site rehabilitation (excavation, transport)
- An efficient treatment of organic contaminants
- A more rapid treatment than biodegradation
- Environmental responsibility