Specification & Tender Evaluation Services
If you are at the planning stages of your site investigation, we can work with you to ensure that your geophysical and hydrographic survey specification is appropriate for your survey area and will give you the information that you need. A thorough specification with well-defined survey objectives and expected outputs enables Contractors to bid on an equal footing and ensures that the tenders you receive can be assessed properly on the basis of the value of the services offered.
Basic questions need to be considered at the specification stage, such as:
- What is the purpose of your survey - what coverage do you need, and with which techniques?
- What vertical datum should you work to?
- What deliverables do you want - raw data, processed data or a full interpretation? To what degree will you specify the processing and interpretation methodology?
- What format deliverables do you need - paper charts, geological sections, digital subsea interface elevations?
- Do you need a staged output or one final report?
- Will boreholes be available to aid interpretation?
Once a specification has been issued, we can provide an independent evaluation of tenders based not only on costs but also on a thorough understanding of what standards should be achievable.