Strategic Planning & Project Management Services
Coordination and facilitation of 23 regional workshops across Canada to compile information pertaining to the development of five strategic action plans for aquaculture development (Atlantic Marine Finfish, Atlantic Shellfish, Freshwater, Pacific Marine Finfish, Pacific Shellfish). Provision of research and senior editor services in preparation of a discussion document entitled “National Aquaculture Strategic Action Plan Initiative. Strengthening Sustainable Aquaculture Development in Canada.” Communications Branch, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Ottawa DFO/2009-1584. 27 p. Preparation and facilitation of five regional workshops to discuss the merits of alternative species for aquaculture development. Fisheries and Oceans Canada. Development of a long-term action plan and submission of federal funding proposals for Aboriginal aquaculture development. Aboriginal Aquaculture Association, BC.
- Development and management of a $20 Million, five-year asset reinvestment strategy for the Huntsman Marine Sciences Centre. St. Andrews, NB.
- Sustainable Freshwater Aquaculture Development in Canada - Industry Action Plan. Development and facilitation of five regional workshops and one national workshop to consolidate industry input for aquaculture research, development and commercialization initiatives. Preparation of a 3-year strategic action plan for freshwater aquaculture R&D. Interprovincial Partnership for Sustainable Freshwater Aquaculture Development.
- Waubetek Aboriginal Fisheries Initiative. Preparation of a strategy to coordinate the efforts of 27 First Nations communities in pursuit of meaningful participation in commercial and recreational fisheries and aquaculture in the Great Lakes Region. Waubetek Business Development Corporation.
- Development of a Strategic Plan for Sustainable Aquaculture in Ontario. Northern Ontario Aquaculture Association.
- Preparation of a renewed strategic plan for the BC Aquaculture Research & Development Committee. British Columbia Innovation Council.
- Situation assessment and renewal of the 5-year Strategic Plan for the Aboriginal Aquaculture Association of Canada.
- British Columbia Model Aqua-Farm Program. Performance monitoring and analysis. Interprovincial Partnership for Sustainable Freshwater Aquaculture Development.
- Renewal of the 3-year national research and development strategy for freshwater aquaculture in Canada. Interprovincial Partnership for the Sustainable Development of Freshwater Aquaculture in Canada.
- Canadian Aquaculture Systems Inc. was the principal architect of Canada's Federal Aquaculture Development Strategy.
- Planning, coordination and delivery of the aquaculture sessions at the national Aboriginal Fisheries Forum, a national workshop for fisheries and aquaculture development attended by more than 600 delegates. Aboriginal Aquaculture Association and the First Nations Fisheries Council.