Feed accounts for greater than 60% of the cost of producing milk, making this your largest input cost by far. It is imperative for dairy producers, like you, to manage the input costs successfully in order to obtain a higher return on investment. FeedWatch, feed management software designed from a philosophy of flexibility while maintaining complete analytical ability, has been developed to help you manage your feeding systems accurately and easily. This software will monitor feed usage, sales, purchasing, animal intakes and cost. Other features include export files for consultants, graphing, customizable reports, user security levels, and chemistry levels, current and forecasting inventories.
FeedWatch works with mixer trucks and wagons, or with stationary mixers and delivery trucks. The FeedWatch program uses an industrialized mixer scale indicator, made by Avery-Weightronix and GSE, and a Grayhill ultra bright LED external display. FeedWatch has the best wireless communication between the trucks/tractors and the office in the industry. The software will monitor feed usage, sales, purchasing, animal intakes, and cost. It also interfaces with DC305 to pull in pen counts and track history on individual animals. FeedWatch can also be setup to be completely automated by using micro machines for mixing ingredients and turning conveyers on and off.
On the LED screen mounted on the mixer, each of the ingredients that are to go into the mixer are displayed. As feed is added, the display counts down so feeders know when the amount needed is reached. A control is also mounted in the cab of the truck or tractor where changes can easily be made. FeedWatch uses dynamic scheduling which means you do not have to figure out loads, it does it for you and optimizes the routes for efficiency.
- Eliminate feed sheets – everything is automated
- Monitors intakes – how much is being ate
- Tracks Ingredient/Ratio Chemistries
- Reduces feed wastes – correct amount is being feed and adjusted according to consumption
- Track income over feed price
- Verifies feeding accuracy – can monitor every feeding, how long, gaps between pen, etc.
- Tracks feeding contracts
- Optimizes pen feeding – dynamically it will adjust the loads needed to each pen and make the loads and trips more efficient