InterHerd - Herd Production and Health Recording System Software
InterHerd is a herd production and health recording system, that combines the features necessary to manage a progressive dairy herd with an adaptable event structure, a flexible reporting system and advanced analysis techniques to make InterHerd a simple-to-use tool for farmers and vets that really packs a punch!
Developed by PAN Livestock Services (at the University of Reading) in conjunction with NMR, InterHerd is used throughout Europe and South America due to its flexible herd management, analysis and reporting ability.
Key features include:
- Full data entry facilities, including treatments, drugs and batches, movements and all health and fertility events
- Flexible set up and reporting
- Customisable reporting allowing the user to set up the reports as they wish
- Comprehensive health and fertility reporting
- Full milk production reporting with averages and graphs
- Easy cow record look up facility
- In depth analysis of management trends including key performance indicators
- Export to NMR milk recording software
- Import data from NMR
- BCMS including herd reconciliation
- Breed societies and Pedigree records
- Westfalia - DP5 AND DP C21
- Fullwood - Crystal
- DeLaval - Alpro 6
The herd management side of the software is based around an intuitive cow record system that presents a lifetime of animal information on one easy to read record. Milk quality, fertility and 'costs' are shown per lactation making the identification of good (and bad) animals effortless.
Data entry is quick and effective through either the individual animal record, event entry pad or batch events.
Drug stocks are recorded with purchase dates, quantity, batch numbers, VM numbers and withdrawal dates making it fully compatible with farm assurance and current supermarket requirements.
InterHerd links with milk recording organisations, directly adding value to the milk recording service by using the milk recording data to identify any current issues or developing problems at both individual animal and herd level.
Action lists are available to show what events are due this week or in the next few months and are fully modifiable to suit each different scenario.
Advanced analysis is used to help answer difficult questions such as detailing days to first service, heat detection and conception rates to explain the calving intervals. It also highlights the animals included in the calculations to aid in the explaining of the issues.