PCDART is a dairy herd management software developed through DRMS Raleigh. It integrates quite well with the DRMS Records Processing system and is most suitable for medium sized dairies with a strong orientation toward registered cattle. Like other herd management software programs, PCDART allows the user to enter data and retrieve work lists. There is also some flexibility in creating individual work lists as well as a number of reports to allow an overall assessment of the herd.
Other versions of PCDART are available for consultants and for those dairies who would prefer a stand alone program. Details of the program as well as a demo version can be found at www.drms.org. If you prefer to have a demo CD mailed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The pocket PC program for PCDART is called Pocket Dairy and allows information to be synchronized from PCDART to the pocket PC and back again. More information on this product can also be found at www.drms.org.
The first step in beginning PCDART is to tell us a little about your dairy business. We want to know who you are, what kind of hardware you are using, and what herd management work lists and management parameters are important to you. Please complete the PCDART questionnaire and return it to us.
Other PCDART features include:
- A selection of over 600 database items for each cow
- Current lactation information on every cow
- Interface to most major daily milk systems
- Comprehensive inventories, projections, and summaries
- Experienced support staff
- Windows XP, 2000, Me or Vista
- 512 MB RAM, 1 GHz processor
- 2GB fixed disk drive space
- CD ROM drive
- One available USB port (for transferring information on DHI test day)
- Modem (dial up or cable) or DSL high speed