The Phyta-Platform tubular Photobioreactor has the most rigid frame available on to day’s market. The frame itself is able to withstand a 130 M.P.H. wind load. All construction is made of high grade 316 Stainless Steel and heavy duty aluminum. The photo tubes can be made from food grade Poly carbonate, PVC that has a UV inhibitors (for outdoor applications) and Glass. All units come complete with automated Control Panel, Harvesting, Self-Cleaning Mechanism, Tank, Pump, 4 sensors (pH, ORP, DO, Conductivity), Platform, and full version software.
- The platform has a continuous self-cleaning process
- The most rigid platform available, able to withstand 130MPH wind load
- Tubes are specially designed for the Phyta-Platform
- Tube diameter is set to optimize the optical path of photons
- Tube pattern is optimized for absorption of every photon falling on a square meter
- Stainless Steel and HD/PVC construction of all plumbing and pumping
- May be designed at any angle, very versatile (horizontal, vertical or at any angle)
- Additional sensor ports are available
- Units will ship in 10-12 weeks
The Phyta-Platform has an easy to use and intuitive three button user interface. The buttons are used to navigate through the menus and to modify the standard setup. All setup and program modifications are possible through the buttons on the Phyta-Platform – no external computer is required.
The base unit includes a comprehensive owner’s manual, which contains instructions and examples on how to best utilize your Phyta-Platform. No technical background is necessary to operate the controller. To help you perform the initial setup of the Phyta-Platform, the base unit comes pre-programmed with a default setup which requires little modification to work with most aquaculture setups.
Monitor pH, ORP, Temperature, Conductivity and Dissolved Oxygen
The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring pH, ORP, temperature, conductivity and dissolved oxygen. The monitored data is continuously displayed on the large LCD display and also logged into the internal RAM for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.
Control pH, ORP, Temperature, Conductivity and Dissolved Oxygen
The Phyta-Platform also contains the functionality to control the pH, ORP, temperature, conductivity and dissolved oxygen in your unit. The standard control functions for the monitored parameters listed above are possible.
- Monitor: pH, ORP, Temperature, Conductivity, and Dissolved Oxygen
- Control: pH, ORP, Temperature, Conductivity, and Dissolved Oxygen
- Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Simulate a Moon Cycle
- Control Powerheads/Pumps (Wavemaker)
- 4 External Switch Inputs
- Programming Language (enhanced)
- Perform Data logging
- PC or Macintosh RS232 Serial Interface
- Ethernet Interface (10 Base T)
- Embedded HTTP Web Server
- Telnet Server
- Email Alarm Notification
- Large Backlit LCD Display
- Display Lock with password protection
- Battery Backup
- Power Fail Alarm
- Hardwired Direct Connect Modules
- Flash Memory for easy Firmware Upgrades
- PX 1000 Probe Expansion Module
The full version software contains the following features:
- Allows the Phyta-Platform to be configured from the PC.
- Ethernet Connection to Phyta-Platform is supported.
- Both conventional windows GUI and web browser interface. Note: web server not supported on Windows XP Home Edition.
- Updates the seasonal temperature and lighting variation tables.
- Updates the Phyta-Platform’s program and timer names.
- Allows user control of all the devices connected to the Phyta-Platform.
- Continuous monitoring and graphing of all parameters measured by the Phyta-Platform.
- Phyta-Platform controlled event monitoring.
- Automatically downloads and graphs the data log (daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly graphs available).
- Advanced graphing functions
- File output of all monitored parameters so that they can be imported into other data analysis tools (i.e. Microsoft Excel).
- Integrated database. A complete electronic notebook on the conditions and algae in your Phyta-Platform
- Alarm notification via email, pager, or shell command of tank error conditions.
- Graphic Database Explorer
- Automatically set the Phyta-Platform’s Clock/Date.
- Remote access to the Phyta-Platform via a modem or TCP/IP connection.
- Support for direct modem connection to a Phyta-Platform
- Support for hardwired serial connection to a Phyta-Platform
- On-Line Help
A Photobioreactor is a closed looped system for the cultivation of monoculture micro algae. These systems incorporate a light source to provide Photosynthetically Available Radiation (PAR) to be input into the Photobioreactor. This light source can be natural sunlight, or an artificial light such as LED. All Photobioreactor have some sort of monitoring and control of the inputs of photosynthesis. Photobioreactors have many advantages over traditional raceway pond cultivation.
- Contamination of other algae species is minimized or prevented, allowing for the axenic algal cultivation of cultivating monocultures.
- Easy and better control over biocultural conditions (light, nutrients, CO2, pH and temperature).
- Evaporation of water is prevented.
- Better absorption of input CO2.
- Permit higher cell concentrations than raceway ponds.
- Reduce space need and increase production exponentially more than a raceway pond.
Regardless of the type of Photobioreactor (tubular, thin film, bag, tank, etc.) There are limiting factors that are relevant.
- Fouling caused by algae collecting on the surface will inhibit light absorption and reduce production
- Pumping is a major concern. Too much shear will damage more delicate algae species.
- Low flow rates will bleach algae from to much light and dissolved oxygen will build up, both of which greatly inhibit cell reproduction.
- Light transmission into the growing media only reaches to a certain depth before photosynthesis ceases. In dark areas more complex synthesist occurs.
- When the algae do not have the proper amount of time in each phase growth rates are greatly depreciated.
- Control over the growing parameters needs to be closely maintained to specifications.
The Phyta-Platform has solved all of these limiting factors: