SpheriStat - Version 3 - Integrated, Powerful and Easy-To-Use Analytical Tool
SpheriStat 3.2 for Windows is an integrated, powerful and easy-to-use analytical tool for making stereonets, structural maps and rose diagrams, with lots of display, printout and export options.
nter your data manually using the handy, customizable spreadsheet-like editor or import them as ASCII files from your database. SpheriStat can import a variety of ASCII file structures, measurement conventions and field delimiters.
Assign symbols for the map and stereonet plots. Choose from 79 standard Map Symbols and 18 Net Symbols (or 36 net symbols if you are plotting axial data only). Use as many different symbols on a diagram as you want. SpheriStat has two pop-up windows that show you all the map and net symbols, with their codes, that you can use in your diagrams; the windows stay on top, so they are always available when you need them.
You can also customize both symbol sets and even add your own favorite symbols, using our new Symbol Designer.
On the stereonet, you can plot points (lineations or poles to planes), great circles (planes) and small circles (cones). You can even add additional great circles, small circles or points as markers, without affecting the calculations.
You can choose the individual color of each net symbol; add your own titles and other labels, using your choice of text and frame colors; load a contour plot or histogram produced from a different data set and include a contour level scale beside the net.
Select the records directly with the mouse in any of the diagrams, or by using the powerful Boolean selection procedure! The selected points are highlighted in all displays, so you can see spatial and orientation relations at the same time.
And a simple mouse click lets you make a new data set from the sampled points for detailed statistical analysis.
Lots of Ways to Analyze Your Data
Choose from a wide variety of techniques. SpheriStat offers more statistical results than are offered by any other single orientation analysis software. And if you can't find what you want, you can add your own methods . . . SpheriStat is extendible!
- Measurement of Angles and Distances directly on the net, map and rose diagram! Just click and drag the mouse cursor. The reading appears in the status line above the drawing.
- Data Rotation to best show the patterns. In the rotation windows, drag any net or rose diagram point to a new location and SpheriStat does the rest. Or manually enter the orientation of the rotation axis and the rotation angle. And you can rotate as many times as you wish; SpheriStat keeps track of the last rotation and the total of all rotations. You can also rotate only part of the data, leaving the rest as is. And SpheriStat can even rotate and replot your map, so you can make down-plunge projections or view your data from different directions.
- Point-density distribution on the net (Gaussian, Kamb, Schmidt and Starkey methods) with filled/colored contours and full statistics -- look for significant clustering patterns in your data. You can save and reload the contour plots, too.
- Density-peak removal, with statistics -- find the statistical significance of that secondary peak.
- Spatial averaging on the map, with optional weighting methods, station statistics and more uniformity tests -- look for trends and patterns on your map.
- Principal direction analysis (eigenvector or Fisher statistics) -- find the best-fit point maximum or great-circle girdle in your data. And save these directions as special markers on the plots.
- Cluster analysis with statistics and an option to create a separate data set for each cluster -- separate groups of directions for individual analysis.
- Five uniformity tests for the orientation data -- determine whether that cluster or girdle is really significant.
- Circular histograms on the rose diagram (bar, peak or Gaussian-smoothed) with full statistics and various plotting options -- look for mean directions and significant peaks. You can save and reload the histograms, too.
- Calculate Intersection Lineations, Lineations from Rake, Planes from Lineations, Apparent Dips, Lineaments from End-Point Data, Small Circle Intersections -- use your field measurements to determine attitudes of planes and lines.
- Solve 3-Point Problems -- find the best-fitting plane through points on the surface or in inclined boreholes.
- Calculate the Terzaghi Bias Correction for borehole and outcrop fracture surveys.
- Calculate the attitude of planes in borehole drill cores from Craelius Alpha/Beta Measurements .
- Calculate the Best-fit Small Circle Girdle through your data.
SpheriStat gives you control over what features to show in your plots and data tables.
- SpheriStat can print up to 17 different diagrams and statistical results using your Windows-installed printer.
- We provide a print preview option so you can see how the page will look. And the preview viewer is even easier to use.
- You can copy your diagrams from the main windows and from many analysis dialogs to the Windows clipboard.
- You can also export your plots to a Windows metafile or a DXF file for input into other applications that accept these formats.
Other Useful Features:
- Stereoscopic 3D view of the net, when viewed colored glasses.
- Choice of annotated or 'stick-figure' map symbols.
- Option to scale the map symbols individually. Plot a lineament map using the symbol scaling feature
- Optional mid-session change of project code and custom settings.
- Automatic timed backup of all modified files.
- Includes a 278-page manual and on-line help explaining all the techniques, with references.
Features New to Version 3:
- Data set size is limited only by available computer memory.
- Support for long file names.
- Save and reload workspace.
- More plotting options:
- User-created map and net symbols (with optional Symbol Editor).
- Option to change the default map and net symbol sets.
- Individually sized net symbols.
- Colored map and circular diagram symbols.
- Display of planar data as pole trend and plunge.
- Added output options for analyses.
- Publishing of datasets with custom symbols included.