Sum-It - Total Beef Cattle Management Software
Sum-Its Total Beef Cattle Management software is designed to be a complete beef enterprise management tool to aid with the practical day-to-day control and increasing official, traceability and assurance aspects of the industry. It provides full enterprise costing facilities, generating gross margins and detailed profit analysis. Program Set-up time can be minimised by downloading movement records from BCMS. Choose from either Starter or Standard levels and both modules will integrate seamlessly with the Accounts module.
With Total Beef you can:
- Keep all Statutory Movement records
- View comprehensive individual animal records
- Email BCMS to apply for Passport Applications and notify Movements
- Access your cattle data outside at any time on a Smartphone or Tablet
- Print off NOAH format Medicine Book for both Purchases and Treatments
- Calculate N kg/Ha generated by all livestock on-farm and storage needed
- Monitor liveweight gains between different groups of animals
- Input accurate feed usage records by animal group
- Analyse the financial performance of your Beef Herd
- Run a comparison against your BCMS Movements file
- Maintain a complete unlimited pedigree history of the herd
Total Starter Cattle is designed to handle all legislative aspects of beef records, providing statutory Cattle Movement and Herd Register records plus a Medicine book, storing drugs used against drugs purchased, that satisfies Health Assurance recording requirements. When entering calving details the system will then notify BCMS for a Passport Application by email for each calf. Also the movement details of any cattle purchased or sold can be emailed direct to BCMS from the software. The program also provides the facility to reconcile the data against BCMS records.
Should you wish to upgrade to the Standard level, this can be done at any time, without needing to re-enter any data.
Total Standard Beef Cattle includes all the Starter legislative functionality but goes on to provide in-depth management records and analysis. Suckler Herds benefit from full calving histories, fertility records and unlimited genealogies. Fattening Herds can record weights and feed costs to calculate daily liveweight gains and true profit per kilo or per day on-farm.
Laser Bar Code Readers can be supplied to speed up data entry from Cattle Passports. They scan the UK Ear Tag, Date of Birth, Sex and Breed instantly onto the Purchase Screen and can also be used to tag animals for sale. For further details please go to Bar Code Readers.
You can record any event as it happens with the Total Bovine App running on an Android Smartphone or Tablet PC.This imports the cattle data from Total Beef onto the mobile device to either review the status of each animal or input new events, such as calvings, drug treatments and weights as you do them outside. This data can then be synchronised with Total Beef via WiFi back on the office PC at anytime.
The Electronic Weigher Interface Module links Total Standard Beef to Tru-Test, Gallagher and Iconix electronic scales to import weights automatically.
- Individual Animal Records
- Statutory Movement Reports
- Email BCMS with Births/Movements
- Generates Assurance Reports
- Detailed Costings Analysis
- Access your Cattle Data on a smartphone or tablet
- Integrates with Total Accounts