Sum-It - Total Dairy & DairyMate Herd Management Software
Sum-It's Dairy Management programs, DairyMate and Total Dairy, are both designed as practical tools to aid both operation and management aspects of the dairy herd. DairyMate: Sum-It’s DairyMate software is designed as an entry-level program to keep your herd records up to date and provide basic management reports. It is very straightforward to operate and is ideal for herd managers looking to move up from manual records to computerisation. Using the DairyMate Herd Diary Card, data can be easily recorded manually outside in a standard format by anyone. This can then be quickly entered onto the program, instantly updating a range of reports, including notifying BCMS electronically of all passport applications and movements.
- Easy access to your whole herd
- Current Action Lists instantly tell you who’s due to calve, be served, dried off, Pd’d etc
- All births, deaths, purchases and sales automatically update the Statutory Movements Book
- Automatically sends your Passport Applications and Stock Movements to BCMS via the CTS Web Services
- Records and analyses all cases and treatments for Mastitis and Lameness
- Generates NOAH Medicine Book to print out on demand for any regulatory bodies
- Easily export all events since a previous milk recording onto your NMR/CIS milk recorder’s disk
- Milk Production and Bulk Tank Analysis Reports with Forecasting
- An easy-to-read Herd Fertility Chart helps ensure you do not miss any cows getting back into calf
- Simple Software Installation includes your full Herd Data pre-loaded for you, ready for use
- Access to 12 hour telephone support and updates
- DairyMate data is fully upgradeable to Sum-It Total Dairy software
Total Dairy is designed to offer a more comprehensive but still practical Herd Management system. Including all functionality provided at the DairyMate level. The Total Dairy program provides an easy way of storing all necessary records and generates a wide range of legislative, management and analytical reports. It will integrate seamlessly with the Total Accounts module too.
With Total Dairy you can:
- View comprehensive individual cow records
- Keep Milk Production on target with accurate Quota predictions
- Import Milk records from QMMS, CIS and NMR
- Notify BCMS via CTS to apply for Passport Applications and notify Movements
- Access your cow records outside at any time on a smartphone or tablet
- Prepare Action Lists for your Vet to assist with pre-visit planning
- Record and report for Dairy Herd Health Planning
- Print off NOAH format Medicine Book for both Purchases and Treatments
- Calculate N kg/Ha generated by all livestock on-farm and storage needed
- Check bloodlines don't cross over with Relations report
- Keep full Youngstock records for both Dairy Heifers and Beef Calves
- Analyse your Herd Fertility to monitor Submission/Conception Rates
- Send Pedigree Registrations to Holstein UK by email
Total Dairy provides Cattle Movement and Herd Register records plus a Medicine book holding drugs used against drugs purchased that satisfies Health Assurance recording requirements. When entering calving details the system will then notify BCMS for a Passport Application by email for each calf. Also any movements on and off the holding can be emailed direct to BCMS from the software.
With Total Dairy you get detailed individual cow records covering all aspects of fertility, milk records, calving histories and genealogy.
The program generates full action lists and feed ration sheets, analyses the physical and financial performance of the herd, and forecasts milk production against Quota. Full links with all milk recording services avoid duplication of records and interface modules let the software synchronise with the milking parlour systems and smartphones/tablet PCs..
You can record any event as it happens with the Total Bovine App running on an Android Smartphone or Tablet. This imports the herd data from Total Dairy onto the device to either review what has happened to each cow or input new events, such as services, calvings, drug treatments, as you do them outside. This data can then be synchronised with Total Dairy back on the office PC via WiFi at anytime. For further details please go to Total Farm Apps.
The Parlour Interface Module links Total Standard Dairy to many in-parlour recording systems so that there is no need for dual input of data. Milk yields can be automatically updated on each cow record from the parlour and new feed can be calculated and sent back with other activities onto the parlour system. Please contact us with details of your parlour system and we can discuss the options available.
Apart from generic links with NMR and CIS, we work in close partnership with Quality Milk Management Services (QMMS) who provide a very cost-effective and consultative milk testing service. Led by Dr Andrew Bradley, an RCVS recognised specialist vet in cattle health and production,QMMS combine each client's milk testing results with their herd's fertility and health data to highlight how the client can improve the overall health and performance of their client's dairy enterprise.
Furthermore, QMMS have gone on to design a universal dairy data analysis tool, TotalVet, developed by SUM-IT, that enables vets, consultants and farmers to look at any herd's records in great depth, identifying trends and providing a common benchmarking tool regardless of the source of original herd data.
How do I find out more?
If you would like to see the software for yourself, you can request a free on-farm demonstration, with no obligation, or order a free demonstration CD via our Contact Form.
- View Individual Cow Records
- Generate Fertility Action Lists
- Analyse Mastitis Treatments
- Notify BCMS with Births/Movements
- Make accurate Milk Predictions
- Access your herd data on a smartphone or tablet
- Seamless links to Quality Milk Management Services
- Integrates with Total Accounts