Trimble - Soil Information System (SIS)
From Other Solutions
Soil Information System™ (SIS) solution is an industry leading soil map solution that uses advanced sensors and intelligent targeting and geo-processing algorithms to produce high resolution, accurate soil and topographic information. By providing a greater understanding of the physical and chemical characterization of the soil, including how inputs move through the soil, SIS enables farmers’ trusted advisors to implement more effective solutions to resolve the unique challenges of each area of their fields. This soil map can be used to make critical farm management decisions with irrigation, drainage, fertility, and more.
SIS offers precise 3D soil models for dozens of soil physical and chemical characteristics including:
- Root zone depth
- Soil texture (clay, sand, coarse fragment content)
- Moisture holding capacity
- Compaction characteristics
- Macro and micro-nutrient levels
- Salt and toxicity concentrations
- Assess detailed soil properties for each field such as soil texture, compaction, root zone depth, moisture retention and availability, and soil fertility.
- View soil analysis for the top 48 inches (122 cm) of the field’s surface in 3D.
- Download soil maps into your farm management software application, including Trimble Ag Software or other third-party software systems.
- Create variable rate application maps from the soil map to help maximize plant growth.