From Vet CPD Courses
This workshop is aimed at the newly qualified large animal veterinarian or mixed practice practitioner wishing to hone their practical skill.
- Classroom theory session. Key stages of pregnancy and oestrus cycle discussion.
- AM and PM practical scanning sessions of pregnant and non pregnant cows
- Practical guidance on how to find and identify the structures and use of the equipment
Mainly classroom based, this workshop is aimed at the experienced veterinary ultrasound user who wants to enhance their image interpretation to aid diagnosis of both normal and infertile problems. Participants are encouraged to bring their own images to discuss and interpret. Cases will be discussed with the ultimate aim of providing better treatment regimes for your problem breeder cow.
- Detection of twins – its importance and benefit to the farmer
- Follicular wave assessment / manipulation
- Unusual ultrasound images
- Case evaluation and discussion
- Benefits of confirming foetal sex. Image identification at different stages of gestation
- Finding the genital tubercle
- Orientation of the probe for maximum accuracy
- Video library to identify structures
- Practical scanning session to determine foetal sex.