Introduction into the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
Course Overview: This two (2) hour course provides each student with a detailed overview of the U.S. laws, regulations and compliance requirements associated with the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). This course is beneficial to those professionals in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food and other consumer products industries, tasked with ensuring full compliance with FIFRA. We will provide you with a review of the federal laws and regulations, as well as a discussion on how these relevant laws and regulations interact with current integrated pesticide management programs, registration requirements, compliance and enforcement. This course also looks at the labeling aspects of the major regulatory requirements, placing a major emphasis on industry standards and best practices.
- Explain the legal framework and scope of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
- Understand relevant statutes affecting the use of biocides & preservatives in general consumer products.
- Comprehend how relevant statutes affect and interact with the federal pesticide programs.
- Analyze the requirements in terms of efficacy, environmental assessment, ecotoxicology and toxicology.
- Identify tools to formulate regulatory compliance strategies.
2 hours. Asynchronous WBT course, which means you can finish the course at your own pace. 2 months completion time. Extensions allowed.
Online Learning Format (Web-based).