Post Mortem Workshop
From Vet CPD Courses
Disease investigation and surveillance through post mortem examinations is an important element of on farm and national disease control.
This On-Farm Post Mortem Skills Workshop will provide farm animal vets with necessary information to help them carry out diagnostic post mortems on cattle and sheep. Key findings for common disease syndromes will be discussed including appropriate sample selection for further testing.
- Case selection and the practicalities of on farm set up
- The differentials that need to be covered for the standard necropsies and the most important pathological findings
- Sample collection and selection to confirm the main differential diagnoses
- Distinguishing common findings associated with post mortem change from significant pathology
- Equipment required to manage health, safety and biosecurity issues.