From the new Quantitative Information of the Greenhouse Horticulture prove the differences in cost between whether or not CHP use almost to fall away, the carbon footprint using CHP for the heat demand remains more favorable. At different crops is the average realized sales price below the economic cost price. The scale of the companies continues to increase; the NL acreage of the main crops is shrunk again.
This is evidenced by the 25th edition of Quantitative Information for (NL) Greenhouse horticulture, which today at Wageningen University & Research , business unit Greenhouse Horticulture appears in Dutch. In this version are contained on the conduct of the areas of the different crops, indicative prices for the equipment and for the main crops a calculation of the revenue, expense and operating profit.
This is evidenced by the 25th edition of Quantitative Information for (NL) Greenhouse horticulture, which today at Wageningen University & Research greenhouse horticulture appears in Dutch. In this version are contained on the conduct of the areas of the different crops, indicative prices for the equipment and for the main crops a calculation of the revenue, expense and operating profit.
For the average economic cost price a calculation is made of the cost of production and the share of the fixed costs. These costs are allocated to the production in the respective production period. For the vegetables and cut flowers is this cost charged for each production period of four weeks or to the different crops. For the pot plants is this calculated for the production of 1000 plants.
The environmental impact of the crops is calculated the carbon footprint at each cultivation, divided on the different factors of production.
In making this periodically appearing reference book, the following findings emerged.NL Sector wide
Company acreage increase continuous. The NL greenhouse area consists of 69% from companies larger than 3 ha and 53% greater than 5 ha. The number of companies increases with more than 70% since 2000, so 21% of the greenhouse companies, 880 companies, own 69% of the greenhouse areal.
The area vegetable crops also decrease since 2012. The area tomato had a period of grown from 2000 to 2015, 55%. The area grape and cherry tomato is doubled in that period and area with meat and single tomatoes decreased. Until 2010 the area sweet pepper grows with 22% in compare with 2000, since 2010 the area decreased with 17%. The share of green sweet peppers decrease and red increased.
- The area cut flowers decrease with 50% since 2000. Especially the area roses and chrysantium are decreased with resp. 70% and 50%.
- The area flowering pot plants grow rapidly with 40 % since 2000, but recent years the area stabilized.
- Differences in cultivation result in different cost prices and carbon footprints
- Several crops have an average cost price higher than the realized sale price.
- The lower cost price as a result of the use of a gas CHP in compare with no use of CHP is growing to the cost price of no use of CHP, due to the decreasing price of electricity supplied to the national electricity grid. The use of CHP still has a better carbon footprint.