Making Animal Feed Pellets From Hay
Hay refers to dried grass used as livestock fodder. It is fed to especially pasturing animals, for instance, sheep, goats, horses and cattle when grazing is unobtainable due to harsh climatic conditions. Pellets are renewable organic matter made from compressed hay and other biomass, pellets are used to balance the nutrition for grazing animals. Also, the pellets are very nutritious and easy to store hence can maintain the animals in famishing times. Animal feed pellet machine can make high-quality feed pellets.
Hay Feed Pellets Processing
The crucial technique of making pellets from hay includes: adjusting the water content of the hay – one must measure the water content of the hay first, and then add water to the processing requirements of the water content. According to the extensive research that has been made, optimum water content for forage grass is 13% -15%. Feed pellet mill machine is usually used the making pellets from hay for its effect of mixing by feed mixer machine and squeezing out in the process of rolling grass. The temperature of the pellets meal can extend to 80? under normal conditions. However, water content frequently abbreviate by 3%-5% from the high temperature hence cooling the room temperature. The water content of the hay meal after cooling is not greater than 11% - 15%. Due to low water content, the pellets made from hay are worth long term storage without getting musty. All sorts of dissimilar nutrients pellets can be combined to comply with the nutritional requirements of the respective livestock, and the pellet size is changeable by the rolling machine by the prerequisites.
The current hay feed pellet processing equipment is typically compiled of stirring, pressure, transmission, and the frame sections. The chief technical indicators include:
1. Pellets meal fineness pressed: less than 1 mm.
2. Particles cooling method: natural cooling type.
3. Sieve aperture: 8, 6, 4.5 and 3.2 mm in diameter.
Effects Of Hay Pellets Feed
The yield of diverse pellets feeds for livestock in the making of pellets from hay technology in addition to maximum utilisation of the change per unit flow, the following should be included in feed pellet mill machine:
1. Flux topping – this includes green grass hay and straw stalks which should vary 57% - 60%.
2. Concentrates – they include corn, sorghum, oats and wheat bran which should vary from 38 - 42%.
3. Minerals and vitamins - they should range from 1% and 2% of total feeds as the component.
Benefits Of Hay Pellets Feed
1. High transubstantiate rate –more weight gains, egg, more milk is apparent with fewer pellets.
2. Only belittled volumes needed.
3. Supports animal growth and development during harsh climatic conditions.
4. The quality of hay is improved by the chemical treatment applied.
5. Spreads the source of the fodder.
6. Pellets made from hay are indeed significant in supporting livestock lives and development.
Experimentally done, an eight-month-old Lamb feeding on pellet feeds gains 200 grams weight per day, and this shows that feeding a fat lamb with pellets made from hay is a workable method to boost the ontogenesis of livestock and moreover the aquatic animals.