This case is about one of the world’s largest producers of potato specialties company based in India. The company leases plots for farming and has 2500+ plots spread across an area of 5200 +acres. Earlier, they used to record farm data manually, thus creating multiple inconsistent entries. A check on practices such as dehaulming & rouging, adoption of right package of practices & the right inputs and visibility of field activities were serious challenges faced by the company. The company was on the lookout for a complete farm management solution to resolve its various issues.
- 2500+ Plots audited and geo tagged to find the actual plot area
- Remote Sensing and Weather Advisory helped in detection of dew point, rainfall, frost, blight and other challenges related to dehaulming
- Gathering Complete information from farmer registration till harvest end
- Scheduling and monitoring farm activities for complete traceability
- Educating farmers on adoption of right package of practices and inputs
- Monitoring Crop health and harvest estimation
- Alert(pest, diseases etc.) resolution & quick advisory
- Timely Dehaulming in 91.2 % of the plots
- All the plots were audited and geo-tagged;73 % of the plots were within the range of -15% to +15% area deviation
- Comprehensive set of Package of Practices defined and scheduled
- Complete traceability across farm operations achieved
- Alerts (pest, diseases etc.) were resolved within a quick turnaround time
- The management today has an overview of all field activities on the interactive dashboard, is able to manage & monitor farming operations and get early estimation of the yield farmer & Plot wise.
- Weekly weather forecast helps take early and timely decision and strip tests help make harvest prediction.