Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture 2017
When GFIA was launched in 2014 at the invitation of the Abu Dhabi government, it leveraged partnerships with 40 powerful organisations including the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the World Bank, that wanted a platform to show the world how technology gives us the only real chance of feeding nine billion people without destroying the environment.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- May 9-10, 2017
- Jaarbeurs Expo Centre
- Utrecht , Netherlands
Now an internationally acclaimed annual event in Abu Dhabi, GFIA is the world's largest showcase of sustainable agriculture innovations. It is not only a forum for stakeholders to discuss policy, strategy and solutions for a food secure future, but hosts a large exhibition where suppliers can meet thousands of farmers and procurement managers right along the value chain.
The GFIA team that delivered the largest agriculture event in the Middle East in 2016 will be bringing GFIA Europe to the Netherlands for the first time from 9–10 May 2017.
The world’s largest dedicated expo of sustainable agriculture innovations is heading to Europe
First launched in 2014 in the City of Abu Dhabi, the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture (GFIA) is the world’s largest showcase of sustainable agriculture innovations and the most influential series of events for those using new technology to improve productivity, remain competitive, protect the environment and mitigate climate change.
With established exhibitions and conferences now in the Middle East and Africa, we are delighted to announce that GFIA Europe will take place in the Netherlands from 9-10 May 2017.
A snapshot of what to expect at GFIA Europe:
- Over 200 exhibitors from around the world
- 50 innovators have 7 minutes to show how their solutions can increase food production
- Special focus on emerging markets will bring in top-level farmers, growers, resellers and distributors from emerging markets
- The Startup Pavilion features early stage agtech companies
- The Demo Zone is where exhibitors give live demos of their latest products
- Livestock Area in the exhibition displays award-winning livestock and feed
- Conference featuring renowned thought leaders in the field of sustainable agriculture
- 30+ Roundtable Discussions tackling business-critical topics in small groups
- Science and Research Zone gives a platform to agricultural R&D institutions
- A wide range of side events run by GFIA’s partners
- Technical Tours to see innovation in action in the Netherlands
Are you currently working in agriculture? Are you involved in an innovation or project that can contribute towards food security? Discover how you can participate in GFIA Europe in 2017: showcase your solution; meet and network with public and private sector buyers, investors and potential partners right across the value chain.