Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture 2018
When the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture (GFIA) was launched in 2014 it leveraged partnerships with over 40 influential organisations, such as the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the World Bank, that wanted a platform to show the world how technology gives us the only real chance of feeding nine billion people without destroying the environment.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Feb. 5-6, 2018
- Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
- Abu Dhabi , UAE
Now in its fourth edition, GFIA is the world’s largest showcase of sustainable agriculture innovations for increased profits and environmentally responsible farming practices. Unlike other major agriculture events, GFIA is uniquely committed to meeting the needs of both large and smallholder farmers by presenting the best available and emerging solutions with the potential to deliver higher yields without damaging our natural resources and climate.
GFIA is not only a forum for key stakeholders to discuss policy, strategy and solutions for a food secure future, but a live marketplace for suppliers to meet thousands of farmers and procurement managers from government, food producers, agri businesses, NGOs and cooperatives.
The world’s largest dedicated expo of sustainable agriculture innovations
Hosted by the city of Abu Dhabi, the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture showcases the best available and emerging agricultural technologies and solutions with the potential to deliver higher yields without damaging our natural resources and climate.
6,503 attendees from 81 countries attended GFIA 2016. 33% more visitors than 2015.
The co-location of GFIA 2016 with VIV MEA delivered the largest agricultural event in the Middle East.
Alongside this annual global event, GFIA has since launched a pan-African edition in South Africa in 2015 and now GFIA Europe is coming to the Netherlands in 2017.
A snapshot of what to expect at GFIA 2017:
- Over 300 exhibitors from around the world
- 100 innovators have 7 minutes to show how their solutions can increase food production
- The Startup Pavilion features early stage agtech companies
- 30+ Roundtable Discussions tackling business-critical topics in small groups
- Science and Research Zone gives a platform to agricultural R&D institutions
- A wide range of side events run by GFIA’s partners
- Technical Tours to see innovation in action in the UAE
NEW INITIATIVES IN 2017
- Expanded Hosted Farmer Programme to bring in more of the region’s key food producers
- Expanded Livestock Area in the exhibition will incorporate animal nutrition
- The Demo Zone is where exhibitors give live demos of their latest products
- MENA Agrifood Leaders Forum brings together 250+ leaders and decision makers
Are you currently working in agriculture? Are you involved in an innovation or project that can contribute towards food security? Discover how you can participate in GFIA 2017: showcase your solution; meet and network with public and private sector buyers, investors and potential partners right across the value chain.