The sold-out PEFC Stakeholder Dialogue on 'Advancing Sustainable Trade in Asia', part of the PEFC Forest Certification Week, which started today in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, will provide take stock and identify opportunities to catalyze uptake of sustainable practices within the region.
Participants can look forward to solutions-oriented discussions towards mainstreaming sustainability on a range of related issues, touching on forest owner and timber sector needs and requirements, existing and upcoming initiatives, as well as highlights from certification activities already underway in Asia.
Topic areas include:
- Regional Perspectives: Forest Resources, Sector Developments & Sustainability Trends
- Value Chain Discussions: Contrasting perspectives between actors in the chain
- Influencing Forest Industry Transformation: Sustainability initiatives across the Region
- Highlights from Forest Certification Organizations in Asia
- Mainstreaming Sustainability: What's still needed?
The Stakeholder Dialogue (14 November 2013, Istana Hotel) will be complemented by a day of side events on Friday, 15 November 2013 to enable more in-depth discussion amongst participants.