New York -- Penton Agriculture today announced it has bolstered its eLearning with a new interactive platform www.pentonag.com. Farmers will now find all Penton Agriculture online continuing education on a new site that is fast, modern and easy to navigate across all mobile devices as well as the desktop.
Photo – http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150707/232532
“Our first online continuing education course was launched in 2004. Today, we are proud to say that more than 80,000 courses have been passed,” said Greg Frey, VP, Market Leader, Penton Agriculture. “We understand that learning is a critical component to the farming community; our education is based on our years of industry expertise. We’re very excited to bring a more interactive eLearning offering experience to the agriculture industry. Our new platform will allow us to expand our course offerings as well as the regions we serve.”
Accredited in more than 20 states for continuing education credit, the Penton Agriculture eLearning platform has been created for licensed Pest Control Advisers, Certified Crop Advisers, consultants, licensed applicators and producers.
The new platform enables agriculture professional to access continuing education and training courses with interactive material including embedded videos, quizzes, photos and graphics. The courses have been designed to provide high-quality continuing education in a convenient and user-friendly format.
The courses have been developed in the same high standards that agriculture professionals have come to expect from Penton Agriculture and Western Farm Press over the years. Each course is developed and directed by Penton Agriculture journalists, using information provided by recognized agriculture research and extension professionals. Courses are designed to meet state and national certification requirements for continuing education credit/hours. All courses are accredited by the American Society of Agronomy Certified Crop Adviser program.
Penton Agriculture offers the following eLearning courses:
- Weed Resistance Management in Agronomic Row Crops & Trees, Nuts & Vines
- The ABCs of MRLs
- Disease Management for California Almond Production
- VOC Regulations
- Mite Control and Integrated Pest Management: Treenut, Pome, Grape, and Strawberry Crops
- Organic/Sustainable Agriculture Production
- Ant and Broadleaf Weed Control at Almond Harvest
- Alfalfa Pest Management/Selecting Right Variety
- Current Status of Herbicide Resistance in Weeds (English and Spanish)
- Disease Management in Citrus Orchards in California, Florida and Texas
- Utilizing Potassium Nitrate as a Specialty Plant Nutritional Product that Protects Against Disease Organisms and Plant Stresses
- Weed Management in Orchards and Vineyards
- Biopesticides — Effective Use in Pest Management Programs
- Managing Spray Drift to Minimize Problems
- California Groundwater Protection Regulations
- Lepidopterous Pest Management/Pesticide Safety Review
- Grape Powdery Mildew Control in California Vineyards
- Managing Key Insects in California Almond Orchards/Principles of IPM
To learn more about Penton Agriculture’s eLearning, visit www.pentonag.com. Or to learn about Penton Agriculture’s sponsorship opportunities contact Greg Frey, VP, Market Leader, email@example.com.
Penton drives performance for more than eighteen million professionals each and every day. They rely on us to deliver: Insights, information, data & workflow tools to inform critical business decisions; networking & community to engage them with industry peers & partners; and marketing services to advance their business performance & deliver ROI.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.