Crop irrigation uses more than 70% of the world’s water, and thus, improving irrigation efficiency is decisive to sustain the food demand from a fast-growing world population.*
In future measuring and monitoring soil moisture will get more and more important to meet the needs of an increasing demand for food. Eijkelkamp offers solutions with a wide range of sensors.
- The PlantCare Mini-Logger is a maintenance-free sensor which records soil moisture and soil temperature.
- The PlantControl D is used for the wireless reception and recording of soil moisture levels and soil temperature.
Area of use
• Agricultural research / forestry industry/ hydrology / Irrigation monitoring in garden and landscaping construction, agriculture, horticulture, nurseries and tree nurseries
Visit the website of Eijkelkamp to download PlantCare references and projects.
Soil moisture measuring system with SM300 sensor
When it comes to accurate, affordable measurement, the soil moisture sensor SM300 is in a class of its own.
- Scientific accuracy
- Excellent temperature stability
- Can be used in saline soils
- Minimal soil disturbance
The sensor can also be connected to a datalogger for continuous monitoring applications.
Soil moisture sensor SM150
The soil moisture sensor SM150 is a cost effective sensor for obtaining reasonably accurate soil moisture measurements without compromising robust build quality and long term reliability. For instant measurement a simple, convenient low cost set is available, comprising a soil moisture sensor SM150, an easy to operate meter and a carry case.
- Two sharp pins minimise soil and substrate disturbance during insertion and permit superior contact for more accurate measurements.
Soil moisture meters: Thetaprobe
The Thetaprobe soil moisture sensor consists of a sturdy, watertight synthetic housing which contains the electronics.
- Push probe, read and store data
- Can be extended with conductivity sensor
- Own soil data allow direct irrigation advice
The Thetaprobe is also available in the form of a profile probe for use in thin-walled tubes that are installed in the soil.