Biowc is a Small Mobile Biological Waste Treatment Plant. Transportable anywhere a man can go. The mobile sanitation that combines functionality with comfort and mobility. BIOWC does not require water. BIOWC does not use chemicals. BIOWC is completely odorless. No sewage treatment plants required. No power required.
The BIOWC unit consists of:
- the septic tank for collection of the wastes
- the ventilation-evaporation system
- the cabin.
In the septic tank, the wastes initially fall through the toilet hall first onto a metal surface. A swab moves back and forth over this metal surface with the movement of the door of the cabin.
With each opening-closing of the door cleans the surface, so that the next user will not have visual contact with the wastes; in other words, it replaces the flush of a conventional toilet.
- The processing of the waste requires oxygen, heat and humidity.
- The oxygen is transported to the interior of the tank with the aid of two fans, one which operate with air currents, and other one, which operate with solar energy (solar fan), which stores energy during the day and operate at night as well.
- These fans are placed on pipes, which end in the tank and they create a steady air current from the cabin through the toilet hole towards the tank and from there through the pipes out to the atmosphere. They provide abundant oxygen to the wastes, they do not permit the return of noxious vapours into the cabin, and they render the toilet odourless.
- At the same time, the continuous air current evaporates the water in the septic tank, thus reducing the volume of the wastes.
- Taking into account that 95% of human wastes are water, it is easy to comprehend that this toilet allows for many consecutive uses.
- The introduction of oxygen commencesthe process of oxidation of the wastes, a fermentation that increases the temperature of the tank by 10 degrees Celcius in relation to its surrounding environment, a fact that boosts the air current towards the atmosphere.
- At the same time, the sun heats up the pipes of the fans and the septic tank, thus accelerating the oxidation of the wastes, as well as the evaporation of water and boosting the air current.
The tank is equipped with a lid for the removal of the wastes. This renders the maintenance, cleaning and disinfecting of toilet a simple and speedy process.
BIOWC is for minimum 5000 uses before the toilet has to be emptied, but since the system evaporates the water of the wastes it's for far more uses.