From Agricultural Storage
Hanson’s bunker silo offers you a large volume storage capacity system, the lowest cost per ton silage, earlage, and high moisture corn storage and the lowest initial investment and the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). Unlike an silo bag, Hanson’s bunker silos are a more economical, one-time investment way to reduce spoilage. Storing feed in a Hanson bunker silo can save a producer over 50% less spoilage- dry matter loss verses ground pile storage.
- Cost savings; avoid constructing large forms necessary for poured-in-place concrete
- Flexibility- what are your needs going to be in 5 years?
- Clean storage area
- Higher strength self consolidating concrete than ready mix
- Faster onsite building time; reduce cost and community disruption
- Fewer tradesmen to hire and manage
- Project will be finished sooner, reducing bank financing; repayment starts earlier
- Greater quality control everything poured inside a controlled environment
- Lower insurance rates, no sub grade footings- may not be property taxable
- Resale- A Hanson Bunker Silo brings top dollar at an auction
Putting bunker silo walls around your silage pile has many benefits. Even the largest dairies are going from ground piles to bunker walls in an effort to conserve valuable space.
“Our primary focus was to get out of the mud and condense our foot print for fuel savings. we accomplished those goals and also have seen a significant improvement in feed quality over our ground piles. When we were looking at bunker panels, Hanson silo with their solid design offered the best solution