Cornus Nuttalli - Pacific Dogwood
Our native dogwood tree flowers in April or May before its leaves are out. Some years it also blooms in September. What we think of as the flowers are really the showy white bracts which surround the little flower. Fall color varies from yellows to reddish. It does best in wooded, well drained settings. Tolerates some shade. Good wildlife plant - Birds like seeds. Grows to about 20-60 ft tall and 10-20 ft. wide. Likes moist, well drained soils.
- Plant type: Deciduous Tree
- Native or non-native: Native
- Sun & shade levels: Full Sun, Part Shade
- Soil conditions: Very Dry, Dry, Moist & Well-Drained
- Upland/wetland ratings: FACU-Usually found in upland
- Yearly Height, Width: 2 ft., 1 ft.
- Ten Year Height, Width: 15 ft., 8 ft.
- Matured Height, Width: 60 ft., 20 ft.