The Shelbourne Cubicle Bedder is designed to dispense a uniform layer of bedding material to either side quickly and with minimal operator effort. A significant advantage of this machine is that it can spread a very wide range of materials including, sawdust, shavings, paper, chopped straw, sand and green bedding all by adjusting the same machine rather than using different machines. The Cubicle Bedder can also be used as a dispensing bucket for both dry feeds and mixed rations.
The Shelbourne Cubicle Bedder consists of a rugged welded steel bucket with a 30cm wide hydraulically driven cleated belt running in the bottom. This belt will operate in either direction allowing the operator to bed cubicles on either side of the machine.
Rate of discharge can be varied using adjustable internal slides as well as varying the speed of the belt using the tractor/loader hydraulic flow control.
A centrally mounted agitator shaft is operated hydraulically above the belt with beater tines to prevent bridging and ensure even feeding down onto the belt. Tines can be removed according to the type of material being used.
- reduces labour
- reduces bedding material usage by upto 50%
- more evenly distributed bedding
- available either as rear 3-point mounted with hydraulic top link or as front loader mounted versions.
- Simple durable design
Shelbourne vs Competitors:
- One machine for all bedding types
- External cast pillow block bearings for easy maintenance
- Direct drive belt roller (no intermediate drive belts
- Cage drive belt rollers for to prevent material build up
- Larger capacity models
- Wider belt for faster discharge if required