DC Falcon - Model 1750 - Claw
The Falcon Claw is the logging industry’s most widely used Motorised Grapple Carriage and significantly reduces Health & Safety risks to crew members whilst increasing the efficiency of the log extraction process.
CONSIDERABLY REDUCING THE DANGER TO CREWS
Over tens of thousands of operational hours, the Falcon Claw has dramatically reduced the accident and serious harm rates in the crews where the equipment has been operating.
- Removes the need to have crew down the hill.
- A Poleman is no longer required at the top of the skid.
- The Yarder operator has complete visibility and control of the extraction process.
SIGNIFICANT COST SAVINGS
By removing Breaker Outs and Poleman from the log extraction process, the Falcon Claw not only reduces the potential Health & Safety risks, it also makes the entire process fully mechanised and more cost effective.
- The Falcon Claw operates at a fraction of the cost of three crew members.
- Faster cycle times means the Falcon Claw is as productive as Breaking Out and on steeper slopes it can be more productive.
- By mechanising extraction it allows crew members to be allocated to other tasks or crews where required.
Depending on the grapple size, the Falcon Claw 1580 has a maximum payload of up to 8 tonnes. The design of the grapple allows operators to easily extract multiple stems at the same time.
- Standard Grapple: Nominal Payload 3-4 tonnes, maximum payload 6 tonnes.
- Large Grapple: Nominal Payload 4-5 tonnes, maximum payload 8 tonnes.
FULL OPERATOR CONTROL INCREASING PRODUTIVITY
The remotely operated hydraulic grapple and rotator unit allows the operator to have full control over the grapple functions. This allows the operator to efficiently grapple the stems, shortening the cycle time and increasing the amount of stems that can be pulled per hour.
- Engine start-stop.
- Grapple - open, close, rotate clockwise and anticlockwise.
REAL TIME OPERATION
The 19-inch LCD display gives the operator clear visibility and real time information from the video feed. The display provides:
- GPS Information.
- Distance from Grapple to Yarder.
- Altitude +/- From Landing.
- Battery Voltage.
- Accurate Longitude/Latitude Readings.
ALL WEATHER OPERATION
The Falcon Claw is designed to be operated in a wide range of weather conditions and temperatures.
- The high-quality waterproof camera has infrared for low light and poor visibility operation.
- An inbuilt light enables the operator to work at any time day or night.
- The easy to use joystick control allows the Yarder operator to control the carriage at the push of a button.
The Falcon Claw enables logging crews to log from a variety of different positions on the face as well as requiring less landing room on the skid site. This allows the Yarder to be closer to the edge, providing more deflection for greater payloads.
- Weight: 1870kg
- Engine: Hatz 1D90
- KW: 11.2
- Sheave: 15'
- Torque: 40.2 (@ 1,600rpm)
- Grapple: Large Grapple 2000mm opening