To be ordered separately:
Sachets with 4 pheromone capsules with species-specific sex pheromone (see text on sachet)
To monitor butterflies/moths or male alate mealy bugs inside or outside the greenhouse.
Quantity to be used
- 2-4 traps per hectare for each expected type of butterflies/moths
- for mealybug use 1 trap per 500 - 1000 m²
Mount the desired number of pheromone traps as described under 'Assembly'. Hang the traps approx. 10 cm above the crop in a location where they can readily be inspected (e.g. along the centre aisle). Distribute the traps as evenly as possible over the area, in order to avoid interference.
Fold the delta trap into a triangle. Pass the metal suspension wire through the two holes in the top of the delta trap and twist the two ends together. Lay a sticky trap on the bottom of the trap, with the adhesive surface facing upwards. Fold both side edges at the base of the triangle inwards. Hang the trap in the appropriate place.
Storage and handling
- The cardboard box with delta traps does not require specific storage conditions
- Note the trap’s serial number and the pheromone it contains on an outer surface of the triangle.
- Wash your hands before assembling traps for a different species of butterfly or moth.
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.