This activity embraces all mechanical treatment processes (mechanical sorting, waste preparation, etc.) and biological treatment (anaerobic digestion and composting). VINCI Environnement possesses extensive expertise in this field, and has developed a range of specific tools and equipment now proven in a large number of facilities. Very advanced technology VINCI Environnement deploys a wide array of technologies addressing all of the issues facing local authorities and industrial firms in this area, including:
- Based on ECOSILO®, the composting or drying tunnel is a closed variant of the latter, with a thermal transfer between the fouled air flow and the incoming ambient air flow.
- After a preliminary treatment adapted to the nature of waste (sorting, chipping, sieving), the matter is then processed in the accelerated composting unit ECOTUNNEL.
- The matter is laid in horizontal tunnels thanks to a front loader, which manages the loading and unloading. The loading may, optionally, be automated by using conveyor belts.
- The tunnels are equipped with drains on the ground to ventilate the swaths by forced aspiration. This continuously regulated process is designed to get the ideal air supply within the matter.
- The Temperature is also continuously monitored to ensure a simple and optimum regulation of the ventilation. ECOTUNNEL is fitted with a matter humidification system capable of maintaining an ideal humidity rate during composting.
- The swaths are periodically turned over by the front loaders, in order to avoid any compaction and preferential air circulation within the swaths. The access to the tunnel is done at one end, and is closed through a metal curtain or a door, sliding vertically or horizontally.
- For all its mechanical and biological processes, VINCI Environnement has retained the principle of ventilation by aspiration in the mass of the composting matter, the only one to offer homogeneous ventilation with a finer control of the composting process.
- Odours are captured at the source, resulting in an optimised odour treatment unit.