EUROVENT - Model EU - Enriched Colony System for Layers - Egg production
With the EUROVENT EU colony system, Big Dutchman provides you with everything you need for animal-friendly and efficient egg production. Two of the most important advantages are maximum hygiene and the best possible product safety. The enriched colony system fully complies with the EU Directive 1999/74/EC of 19 July 1999*.
This means the system meets the following requirements:
- at least 750 cm2 colony surface area per hen with 600 cm2 usable area;
- the total colony surface area must be no less than 2000 cm2;
- colony height no less than 45 cm;
- no less than 12 cm trough length per hen;
- every hen must have access to at least two nipple drinkers;
- nest and litter bath must be available;
- 15 cm perch per hen;
- every compartment must be equipped with a claw-shortening device;
- the floor slope must not exceed 14 % or 8°;
- aisle width of no less than 90 cm;
- minimum distance of 35 cm between barn floor and bottom tier.
* Different regulations based on other country-specific directives for laying hen management may apply.
- the proven EUROVENT system is the perfect basis for profitable, high quality egg production:
- mature technology
- high laying performance
- clean eggs
- minimum share of cracked eggs (115 mm egg belt width)
- healthy hens, low mortality rate
- good feed conversion
- high functional reliability of all supply and removal systems (feed, water, egg belts, litter, manure removal);
- rugged design;
- trouble-free assembly from three to twelve tiers with catwalks;
- the entire colony front consists of sliding grids that can easily be opened to move the hens in an animal-friendly way;
- all wire grilles are zinc-aluminium coated for high corrosion protection;
- the bottom wire grille has a mesh size of 1“x1.5“ and a slope of only 12 % or 7° and rests on tension wires, which ensures excellent egg quality;
- manure belt ventilation (optional) makes for optimal manure drying that keeps ammonia emissions in the barn to a minimum and produces spreadable and storage-stable dry manure.