From Agriculture Covers
Reef Industries' Plastic liners play an important role in fish hatcheries and aquaculture farms by providing reliable containment for bodies of water such as ponds or tanks. These serve as a barrier that prevents water from seeping into the ground and ensures the management of water resources.
Plastic Liners are essential components of fish hatcheries and aquaculture farms. They help maintain water levels, prevent seepage, and ensure proper management.
By providing the right materials, and installing and maintaining the liners correctly, Reef Industries is proud to maintain close contact with aquaculture operations that can benefit from effective water containment and sustainable farming practices.
- Water containment - Reef's Plastic liners are primarily used to create a waterproof barrier, maintaining water levels within the aquaculture. Crucial in areas with porous soil or when the water source is limited.
- Liner Material - All of our liner material is created using polyethylene (RPE). This material is chosen for its durability, resistance to ultraviolet degradation and long-lasting performance.
- Liner Installation - The process of installing plastic liners involves preparing the site by clearing and leveling the area, removing sharp objects, and compacting the soil to create a stable foundation. Once the liner is unrolled, it is secured in place using sandbags.
- Maintenance and Repair - Maintenance is crucial to maximizing the lifespan of your liner. Monitor for signs of damage! This includes punctures, tears, and wear. Any breach in the liner can result in water loss, contamination, or inefficient water management. We offer Pressure Sensitive Tape for patching.
- Advantages of Liners - Plastic liners provide a cost-effective solution compared to alternatives such as concrete construction. Liners are also flexible and adaptable to various layout sites. Being relatively easy to install and maintain, they are a popular choice for aquaculture operations.
- Environmental consideration – Some of our liner materials can be recycled.
- Regulations - Fish Hatcheries and Aquaculture farms are subject to regulations that govern their operation. It's important to understand and comply with [relevant regulations such as] to ensure environmental sustainability.