Frontier - Model FDT-18 and FDT-20 - Track Drive Compost Windrow Turners
Built like tanks, these turners mean business.
Frames: Massive 8″ x 12″ x 3/8″ wall mainframes tubing
Tunnel lining: 3/8″ & 1/4″ plate
Tanks (fuel and hyd reservoir): stainless steel
Track system: 24″ wide pads x 12′ long provides maximum flotation and stability on slopes. Planetary drives with integral hydraulic piston motors and brakes. Powerful propel will not stall in any condition. Integral braking is automatic in downhill slope or park conditions.
Drum drive: Frontier’s exclusive FDT belt drive system features:
- Drum is driven from both ends for even power transfer.
- Conventional components are available from multiple sources
- Auto tensioning on final drive belts
- Clutch is hydraulically actuated and self-adjusting with overkill capability
- Clutch is also isolated from drum drive disconnect to eliminate operator abuse without complicated and expensive control systems
- Reliability, low fuel consumption, low maintenance will be your experience with this rock solid drive system
- Pressurized with charcoal filtered air intake for heater/ac system
- Walk through design with doors on both sides
- Roof mounted instrument system for unobstructed panoramic view
- Smoked glass
- Skid steer electronic controls with locking neutral
- Rear backup alarms
- Fire extinguisher
- Radio/MP3 player stereo w/charging port
- Remote view camera system with multiple cameras to monitor key points of operation and maintenance
- Speed indicator: Digital read out of forward speed
- Watering system plumbing with in-cab actuated shut-off valve