Koppert - Horiver
Sizes: 25 x 10 cm (small), 25 x 20 cm (medium) and 25 x 40 cm (big, Contains (small): 8 double + 2 single sticky trap,Contains (medium): 10 double + 2 single sticky traps, Contains (big): 10 double + 2 single sticky traps, Horiver has a grid. This makes counting easier.
- In tall crops such as cucumber, tomato and pepper, traps should be positioned just above the plant head and raised as the crop grows.
- For optimal effect against leaf-miner, put traps horizontally on concrete paths.
- In crops with a low canopy, traps should be supported by canes or wire holders a maximum of 30 cm above the crop.
- The traps should be placed in areas with the highest risk of infestation, i.e. at doors, gable ends and lateral ventilation openings.
- Traps should be removed if significant numbers of flying parasites are caught. This happens particularly when traps hang amongst the plants (instead of above).
Quantity to be used
For monitoring purposes the advised rate is 5 traps per 1,000 m². When the traps are meant to give a contribution to control in hot spots (i.e. mass trapping), use at least 1 trap per 20 m², to a maximum of 1 trap per 2 m². Both small and big traps can be used for this purpose.
Aphids, leaf-miners, whiteflies, thrips and sciarids.